Existing Member?

Up close and personal in Beijing Knowing what you want to say in Chinese can be easy.....but understanding what these people are saying back to me may be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Let the adventure begin!

The Dinner Show!

CHINA | Wednesday, 11 July 2007 | Views [1107]

Hello Everyone,

It has been a few days since I created a job in China.  I thought I would give you a little time to let that story set in, because I am still laughing about it. Ok, ok, maybe it isn't that funny. However it is one of those things that only happens in China!!!

Last night Kim took me to an awesome traditional Chinese restaurant. Oh but wait, the food wasn't even the highlight of the evening. No, it was the 1 hour performance that was put on after we ate, that I got to participate in. Yes, you heard me correctly. I was on stage, with about 8 other foreigners and local Chinese doing a traditional tibetan dance.  It reminded me of the time my family and I were in the hills of a Tibetan village in their traditional clothing and living their life. However, Kim, my roommate got the entire dance on film. So not only do I have the story to tell you, but I have the video to.  Just imagine Chinese music blaring, Costumes flaring, and me the giant red headed girl, trying to mymic the moves of the actors and actresses. The result....Laughter. You will have to check out the video once I figure out how to upload it or you will just have to wait for the copy I will make into a DVD when I get home!  The site is www.youtube.com and then search kimbergen.

The rest of this week has been filled with lots of work. The Kindergarten has been a little frustrating because their are english experts here trying to teach us new skills....however I am not a teacher and I am not going to be a teacher.....so I see it as a waste of time.  Ohwell, tomorrow is friday and then it is off to the weekend adventures!!! I will keep you posted.

Tags: Laughter

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.