Existing Member?

My OZsome Adventure

Day 6: Life's a Beach

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 2 October 2011 | Views [227]

I woke up feeling a little better. I knew a hot shower would help. The tour group met up at 10 am for a tour to the famous Bondi Beach. Little did we know we would be walking 5-7 miles today.

We started off in Coogee Beach, south if Bondi. We took a bus there from the hostel. It really was a nice walk along the beach and the cliffs. I was still a little under the weather this morning so I popped a Sudafed. This kept me a little hazy most of the day. I'm thankful that of all the days so far, today was the one I would be out of it. I mean I didn't miss much considering I've seen a beach before. The only thing I can say for certain is that two girls in particular seemed to annoy me with just their voices. I suppose when I was 19 I loved the sound of my own voice, too, but if only they had anything to say that wasn't anti-American. Kane refers to them as "thingy and thingy" since they have yet to be friendly enough to introduce themselves to anyone yet. Might I also add, my new nickname with the Brits is "Mindy". I guess Amanda isn't American enough.

After we took a bus back from Bondi, Anna and I went to Woolworth's for some fruit and a hair straightener. Mine had literally exploaded this morning when I plugged it in. Bye bye my T3 Pro. :-( We decided we also deserved gelato milkshakes for all the walking we've been doing. Sadly, their version of a milkshake was a scoop of gelato in a cup of milk. Gross!

We hurried back to the hostel to get ready for our party bus bar crawl. I was told to dress up, finally! We started off at Scubar, then headed to a bar in Coogee Beach, next to a bar in Bondi Junction, and back to Scary Canary on our side of town. The party bus continued on to a bar in Kings Cross, but a few of us jumped off and walked back to the hostel. We were told that we would get one free drink at each bar, but found out we could only get free house wine or beer. It was all a good time but we needed sleep to prepare for tomorrow, and the time change.

 

About aearnest


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.