Existing Member?

Borrowed World Time can stand still when you pause to take a photo, life moving at a rate to fast to remember. Only moments caught on camera last long enough for us to hold on to what once was....adora

Winter in Greece

GREECE | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [521]

scholarship entry_Local fisherman Vasilis Travaris catch for local restaurants

scholarship entry_Local fisherman Vasilis Travaris catch for local restaurants

Who said the best way to see Greece is in winter anyway ? there right. If getting up close to the locals and setting into there way of life doesn't excite you then take a walk with the many goats who run free on the Island of Symi. If you're a photographer you will be excited. Colour with ambiance and landscape beauty along with amazing sunsets and sunrises you to will soon join the locals in afternoon siesta. Fresh fish caught every day as people await by the shore for first choice in the days catch. Lobster is what you will indulge in along with a much assorted array of fish, Just ask Vasili Tsavaris who has fished these waters for over 20 years to catch you a meal, and as iv seen first hand sometimes all it takes is a good swimmer to bring up an octapus. In a photo you can capture beauty and frame it well for the viewer, the one thing thats missing is the fresh aroma of healthy air with the scent of oregano which grows wild everywhere and a local bakery enticing you to try there fresh tiro-pita and soft addictive bread.Make sure you sit at a cafe by the sea and wake up with a view so pleasant to the eye you will never want to leave as many have done just that. Here you will see every simplicity there is and you will meet some interesting characters.

Tags: beach, rocks

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.