Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

HuaShan

CHINA | Tuesday, 23 September 2014 | Views [357]

So I went for a walk the day before yesterday evening to look for some cheap food because the hostel makes expensive Western food and that isn't what I'm about. Well I ended up walking around some street stalls and boutiques that all sell jade, amber, knock off stuff, fans, and of course all sizes of calligraphy brushes. You only have to walk for five minutes and you've seen it all. But the building structures are awesome and they have really old trees.

Anyways, in this trek I saw some moss growing on some cool looking Chinese roof tiles and I thought it would be a cool photo. I asked a nearby old lady if I could take a photo of it because maybe she owned it or something. She said not to and kinda laughed at me saying some things in Mandarin. After hearing her repeat it several times I realized she was saying that it was the toilet. I had to laugh at myself after that with her. I took pictures of the trees instead.

 

Now we come to this part of the story where I talk about the mountain I climbed. Taylor Workman this is for you.

Myself and three other guys (one of them still drunk when we woke him up) got into a car with a driver we booked to go to HuaShan. It has four peaks for each direction. We decided to climb from the bottom of the north peak rather than take the extreme verricle stairs called the soldier way or the cable car. Then we climbed the other peaks aside from The West because we had no time. We spent all day climbing and the amount of stairs we climbed totally beats doing rounds in South Residence.

 

We all had a really good time, the sky was perfect as we climbed into the clouds. And of course I walked the plank bridge as was my biggest goal in China. My heart didn't beat any faster than normal sooooo I guess I need to find something else dangerous to do!

Also.... Taylor and friends, there was no tea shop at the end of the planks.... I have a video to show you when I get home.

 

Despite everything I heard about HuaSha it has become quite tame so that more tourists can climb the peaks. And you can't do anything there without paying a bit more money. Like shit, Yesterday I spent almost 600¥ on HuaShan and activities while my budget is around 150¥ a day. Plus my 720¥ plane ticket..... Oh well! It was worth it. 

 

I love Xi'An! Its awesome! I hope to see a Tang Dynasty dance performance tonight if I make it in time.

Tags: huashan

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.