Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Tigers, lions, ligers and more

CHINA | Sunday, 21 September 2014 | Views [386]

Update, I'm actually going to Xi'An next and I still need a ticket. 

 

So going to the tiger park was depressing, as I half expected but hoped it wouldn't be. They have over 300 tigers plus other big cats that don't belong in China. I'm probably going to write to Greenpeace or something after I get home. If I brought up my dissaproval now I might get deported!

85% of the tigers were "happy" being well fed and having space to roam. However there is a bit of a situations with crowding I would call it. Not to mention the fountains have no more water and there is not a lot of enrichment. For example the yearlings have tires, but they would rather play with a water bottle that someone dropped into the enclosure. 

I also saw some sick, emaciated, and stressed tigers. I feel like this is more of a tiger farm even though the sale of tiger parts is illegal. 

Either way I feel guilty as hell because I paid 50¥ to hold a tiger cub and get photos. But the guy sucked at using the camera. Either way, I'm guilty but I couldn't pass on holding a baby tiger. Two hairs were stuck to my shirt too,... I'm keeping them haha.

 

Any who I took the wrong bus back but was able to talk to the bus driver for help. Then I shopped at this big department store thing. There were so many employees it looked like Costco. I tried to ask if I needed a membership to buy stuff but that question turned into a fiasco and I ended up leaving the 5 or 6 workers around me confused. Bad enough they didn't know what I meant when I said "never mind, it's OK, it's fine." But no, you don't need a membership.

Tags: tigers

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.