Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

GOING OUT WITH A BANG

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [1940]

It has come to the last blog for the boys on this epicness as road trip.

The orange beast has made it to the last destination which is the Brisbane massive.

We shacked up at one of the best back packers of the whole trip called BUNK. It really has lived up to its reputation. It was voted best back packers in Queensland for 2008 and we can really see why.

http://www.bunkbrisbane.com.au/

BUNK has a bar called BIRDEE and at BIRDEE there is something happening every night of the week. You can drink in the pool there is a massive dance floor that we tore a new hole in and three dollar steak dinners which are second to none.

What really topped off our whole trip was being invited to a party of mcmassive combo proportions.

The party was in an apartment 19 floors up that overlooked the Brisbane river. To top it off it just happened to be the opening night of a huge festival.

We were pole position for the fricktacular fireworks which showered over the bridge and the river. The highlight of the night has got to be the F -16 fighter jets that ripped down the river so low you could almost give the pilot a high fiver. They drop about a zillion liters of fuel and flick on the after burners which makes for a ear popping roar.

There were people from all over the world at this party which made for funny language barrier convos. We have come to the conclusion that no matter where you are in the world, the people you meet on your travels really shapes your experience. We have made some amazing friends which we plan on keeping in touch with for a long time to come.

'The feeling you get when you discover new surroundings and meet new people can only be compared to your favourite band or artist playing your favourite song just for you and all your best friends on a magic carpet floating through the clouds.'

- Hamish and Adam

Peace and Carrots. 

Tags: adam rikys, adventures, australia, backpackers, brisbane, hamish, queensland, road trip, van-tastic adventures, world nomads

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.