Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

FUNTIBULOUS FOUR WHEELING, CRYSTAL CLEAR COVES AND DINGO DODGING

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [3083] | Comments [1]

It's not just the places that you travel to, it's the people you meet along the way that really shape your experience. There are many ways to meet people. 

You can go to a bar and shout into someone's ear. 

You can ask someone to rub sunscreen on your back at the local swimming pool.

Or as we did you can hop into a 4WD convoy with 18 fun lovin strangers from 9 different countries, literally bounce around Fraser Island and have one hell of a good time.

The ferry for Fraser Island leaves from a place called Hervey Bay. We got a great night sleep at a super clean hostel called NEXT Backpackers.

NEXT actually boasts one of the best cinemas we have seen in a hostel. They literally have hundreds of movies loaded onto a hard drive that you can choose from. 

http://www.nextbackpackers.com.au/

Fraser Island is known for it's beautiful lakes and beaches. One thing they don't really tell you is that the 4WD self drive tour is rip roaringly funtibulous. 

'funtibulous'. adj. 

1. To have the most fun at any one time one has ever had in their entire life.

PALACE ADVENTURES hooked us up with our miniature monster truck that seemed to plow through sections of the road that seemed impassable. We formed a convoy with 2 other vehicles and blazed round the island. 

http://www.palaceadventures.com/

Our days were made up of visiting stunning lakes with crystal clear water, motoring up the beaches and dodging dingos.

At night we set up camp right on the beach, watched the sun set then ripped straight into some international drinking games. 

A good drinking game is the best way to get to know everyone and we highly recommend it.

Just make sure you don't get too drunk and leave your chilly bin out at night because the dingos will eat all your food especially a 12 pack of eggs and a whole tub of margarine. 'Apparently' they don't like marmite though.

The cream of the crop on Fraser Island would have to be Lake McKenzie. Rumour has it that the water is so pure if you bath your limbs in this natural alyxia you will live to be 998. 

All the backpackers that we have talked to say that Fraser Island is one of the top places to visit in Queensland. We back this claim one hundred and one percent. It is a truly unique experience and you will walk away with 3 days you will never forget and 20 new friends from all over the world.

Thanks to all the team at PALACE ADVENTURES for an amazing time.

Tags: adam rikys, adventures, campervan, fraser island, hamish cross, hervey bay, palace adventures, road trip, van-tastic adventures, vantastic

Comments

1

I was there... SOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOL

Enjoy your next stops paparazzi!

cheers!!

  Emmanuel (French guy!!) Sep 5, 2009 9:01 PM

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.