Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

PARACHUTING ONTO POSTCARD PARADISE AND FISHING FIESTA.

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 27 August 2009 | Views [2175] | Comments [1]

We are writing this blog in the van on the way to Fraser Island where we will partake in a 4WD dingo safari. 

Yesterday will be remembered in history as one the best days of the tour. Here's how it went down.

Firstly the main man of Mission Beach gave us a call. His name is Boyd Scott and he had a plan for us that could only be described as 100% EPIC OARSOMENESS.

We were going to be guinea pigs in a skydiving stunt that involved freefalling from 14,000 feet and landing on a sand cay in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef.

We felt like true pioneers as our jump masters had never landed on this minisquel patch of sand before. It was literally the size of half a Wimbeldon grass tennis court so everyone had to be on their A game.

Matt from SKYDIVE MISSION BEACH was a key player in this operation and had to obtain special permission to make it all happen. 

Everyone that we have talked to that has been skydiving in Mission Beach says it is the best thing they have ever done so be sure to include this in your travel itinerary. It is a very unique experience.

www.skydivemissionbeach.com.au

With all forms signed sealed and delivered the door of the plane was open and we were hurtling towards postcard paradise. 

Our jump masters Sinno and Damo absolutely nailed the landings and we were greeted with an ice cold beverage from the team at QUICKCAT CRUISES. We got to enjoy them in some hammocks that were set up for us. It's so good once it hits your lips.

QUICKCAT offer boat trips out to this untouched gem. They can set you up with all the gear you need to go diving and snorkelling around the surrounding reef.

http://www.quickcatcruises.com.au/

Just when we thought the day couldn't get much better Boyd had a couple of pocket aces up his sleeve. We jumped aboard his fishing boat and went on the hunt for the catch of the day. Boyd is actually part man part fish so he knows where they all hang out.

3 lines were dropped into the water and 45 seconds later 3 half metre fish were simultaneously pulled into the boat. We had never witnessed fishing this good and could literally not stop laughing.

18 fish later it was back to Scotty's with smiles on our croco dials. The barbie was fired up and it was a fillet feasting fiesta for all.

A sweet thing about staying at SCOTTY'S BEACHHOUSE is that you can head down to the beach at night, light a big bonfire and share stories under the stars. 

http://www.scottysbeachhouse.com.au/

What a friggin day.

YYYeeeeaaaaaaaaa Booyyyeeeeeee...........d.

 

Tags: adam rikys, cross, hamish, mission beach, road trip, skydive mission beach, skydiving, travel trails, van-tastic adventures, world nomads

Comments

1

Damn you guys, what a wicked trip you're having ! Jealous as all hell !

  Toby Aug 29, 2009 2:31 PM

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.