Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic QLD - ADAM AND HAMISH Hamish and Adam embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around Queenland with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

FULLY CERTIFIED BROFESSIONAL DIVERS

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 25 August 2009 | Views [1533] | Comments [2]

After the taste of scuba diving that we got in the Whitsundays we were instantly hooked and craved more. Scuba diving is another one of those things that has to be experienced by everyone. It is like another world down there.

If you can have a holiday and achieve something like getting your scuba certification it really gives you a sense that you have made the most of your time.

The team from PRODIVE in Cairns offer a top notch 3 day 2 night dive trip to the great barrier reef. If you are certified you can do up to 11 dives. If you want to get certified you do a couple of days training in the pool then you are straight out there and will get to put 9 dives under your weight belt.

http://www.prodivecairns.com

We were lucky enough to get Chris from South Africa as our instructor. This guy was a barrel of laughs. He made sure everyone was safe but still had a great time.

Conditions were perfect for all 3 days and we witnessed some goodies at 18 metres below.

We made friends with sharks, turtles, maori wrasse, barracuda, bump headed parrot fish, stingrays, moray eels, whales and of course we found Nemo on several occasions.

One of the definite highlights that absolutely blew us away was the fact that you get a torch strapped to your wrist and you get to go night diving.

As Chris said 'the freaks come out at night' and you will get to see things that you would never see during the day. 

When you giant stride into the water and the first thing you see is 4 sharks as big as you catching their dinner you know it is gonna be an exciting dive.

Not only did we find Nemo we also found Brian, the most monstrousatantic turtle that we have ever seen. Brian was 140 years old and about the size of 5 football fields. give or take.

When you eventually get certified and it is just you and your buddy exploring the ocean unguided you realize you have discovered something pretty amazing.

We met some super fun people from all over the world on this trip. The great thing about PRODIVE is that when you get back to Cairns the team organize a big night out on the town for anyone that is keen.

We had an incredible dinner at MICHAELANGELO'S on the esplanade before partaking in the biggest yager bomb train ever witnessed by a human being at RATTLE AND HUM.

What a way to wrap it all up.

Cheers to Steve and all the crew for a very memorable trip.

Tags: adam rikys, australia, campervan, great barrier reef, hamish cross, prodive, queensland, road trip, van-tastic adventures, world nomads

Comments

1

Like their story? Check out the video, photos, and other blog posts here: http://vantastic.worldnomads.com/index.php/about-vantastic-adventures/vantastic-queensland-live/

Happy Travels!

World Nomads

  World Nomads Aug 24, 2009 10:41 AM

2

hello!

  ko nyinyi Aug 24, 2009 8:21 PM

About adam_hamish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.