Existing Member?

Canberra Tour

Seeing the Sights

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 30 June 2018 | Views [345]

Today was busy, very busy! We started the day with a warming cooked breakfast at Canberra Park, which the boys appreciated. First on the agenda was rock climbing and in typical Aquinas fashion it didn’t take the boys long to start racing each other up the walls. After the competition had ended (it never ended) we travelled to the National Museum of Australia and learnt about our great country's past. The boys were particularly impressed at the size of the megafauna which once roamed Australia. We surprised them by changing the afternoons agenda slightly. Reading the boys journals last night it was clear that they wanted more time at the War Memorial, so back to the War Memorial it was! After three hours there the boys were satisfied and we headed to iPlay. We spent an hour running around playing games and returned back to Canberra Park to have dinner before the Church service. Unfortunately, we missed the regular service (miscommunication of times) but Father Bernie was so kind as to give us our own service. Cam, our bus driver, then drove us past Mount Ainslie on the way back and we saw the beautiful view of Canberra by night. The bus ride home from Mount Ainslie really kicked off and the boys went up in chorus to old classics like ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and ‘Piano Man’. After a bit off down time at the Park, Day 3 was wrapped up!

About ac


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.