Existing Member?

Canberra Tour

Lest We Forget

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 June 2018 | Views [534]

Day two of the trip had many new and confronting experiences for the students. The first of which started with an early wake up call and a queue for the very limited number of bathroooms. On the bus, students were recieving a musical education which they appreciated followed by learning about the great movie classics...Top Gun. Once we arrived, our first stop was the Australian War Memorial. Students were amazed at the stuning archiectural design and the reverance it demanded. Walking through the muesum Students didn't know which way to look and soon found themselves imersed in Australia's fighting and peacekeeping history. From early engagements to Afghanistan students were in awe by the interactive displays. On leaving the museum and walking around the Memorial the students found themselves scouring the Roll of Honour in search for long lost relatives. On entering the Tomb of the Forgotten Soldier a hush went around the group and students found themselves confronted with the immense bravery and sacrifice Australian Service men and women have given. To end the experience students witnessed the Last Post Cermony, with two students laying a reef by the Pool of Reflection. Attached below is the link of the ceremony. 

With a few snaps we were off to AIS. Students were very excited to see the faciliatties where Australia's top champions train. Students particpated in Indoor Soccer, European Handball and Hockey, all of which the teachers dominated in! With students succesfully worn out we headed back to the accomandation ready for tomorrow's next adventure. 

 

 

About ac


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.