Existing Member?

Volunteer Abroad International Programs A Broader View is a 501 non-profit international volunteer organization offering short and long term volunteer programs in developing countries around the World. Our volunteer abroad projects are available year round in Central America, South America.

Volunteer Abroad in Chile: Orphanages, Schools, Clinics Volunteering

CHILE | Tuesday, 1 July 2008 | Views [1691]

Volunteer Abroad in Chile: Volunteering Opportunities

Volunteering Abroad in Chile: Chile, the longest country in the World, claims almost 3000 miles of the Pacific shoreline. This is a land of contrasts and extremes; with glacial landscapes of Patagonia in the south and the heat of the famously dry Atacama Desert in the north. Running almost the entire length of the country are the impressive peaks of the Andes mountain chain which are visible from many towns and cities.

san

Since Chile is one of the narrowest countries - only about 125 miles at its widest point, the sea and the mountains are never more than about two to three hours apart, anywhere in the country. Chile's striking natural wonders, its rich cultural history, friendly people and security make it an ideal volunteer location.

Chile has seen many changes in the past 25 years, now boasting one of the most stable economies in South America. Though Chile's economy appears to be the fastest growing economies in the region, Chile suffers from one of the most uneven distributions of wealth in the world. There are estimates that almost 60% of Chileans live near or below poverty levels, with almost 3 million living in extreme poverty.

This is a great opportunity to make life-long friends, learn a foreign language and discover that one person really can make a difference. Volunteering with us and see A Broader View of the World.

" You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you" - Anonymous.

Location pages:

Tags: olango island, orphanages, philippines, schools, tacloban, tanauan, volunteer, volunteering

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.