Existing Member?

sunrayflow

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 3 October 2012 | Views [414] | Scholarship Entry

Whenever my friend and I are traveling, we always blend in with the locals, because that is the best way to get to know a culture. This is just one of many videos we made on our trip to Bali. It touches a few topics which are associated to Bali and Indonesia these days, and sheds a different light on them.

I only have experience making home videos. In my grad school, I learned Adobe Premiere, so I know some about video editing. In the video attached, I was laughing so hard, so the video is pretty shaky, but the material in it seemed too valuable, that my friend and I decided to still go with it. We are aware that the quality of this video is questionable. My friend is a much better cinematographer than I am, with a much more steady hand, so the plan is to use her film making skills more than mine.

I would like to explore filmmaking. I am also very interested in photography, and already won a prize in that field. Filmmaking is a challenge. I am traveling a lot, and it seems that photographs just cannot convey the spirit of the place, and its culture, and these are two areas my friend and I are passionate about. My friend has experience in directing two documentaries in Bosnia.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About about-bali

Me looking through the airplane window

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.