Existing Member?

Fun in Vietnam

Day 3&4 Ho Chi Minh City

VIETNAM | Sunday, 24 November 2013 | Views [274]

Saturday we went on a tour of the Mekong delta. After drinking copious amounts of Saigon beer the night before we had some midnight pho then hit the hay for our early start. We got some breakfast then got on the bus for our 2 hour journey, on the way we stopped at some Buddhist pagoda with the biggest Buddha statue iv ever seen. We went in and a load o people were all taking photos of a monk, when Cary took a picture he hid behind his gong and then she moved I take an other pictures and he lifted his big orange wizard sleeve like Dracula if you opened a window on a bright sunny afternoon. We still don't know why he singled her out to reject.

 
We got to the Mekong and hopped on a little taxi ferry boat and went over to an island where we leant how how to make coconut candy which was absolutely delish and then had a short horse and cart ride. We moved onto unicorn island where we drank the most delicious Honey and bee pollen tea! Carly left her phone for a split second and now it's vanished (we suspect the two French girls sitting next to us took it, Infact we're 99% sure they did) we ate a lunch which consisted of plain rice that we soaked with soya and a few soggy green beans then relaxed in a hammock whih was absolute pure bliss! 
 
Back in Saigon we went to the pub and Carly got hit by a scooter (didn't see that coming) and we played some foot badminton with the locals, it was amazing how they played we were so impressed! Carly fell in love with a little baby and we came for more beer at our good ol faithful bar across the road-midnight pho again then sleepy times.
 
We had to check out this morning and are just roaming around the city enjoying fresh fruit and beer yummo.
 
Forgot to say the night before the Mekong we unknowingly ate dinner at a brothel.... We should hve raised our suspicions when the girl wearing foux leather lingerie handed us our free beer! 
 
Today we had a run in with an asshole Australian being a jerk to locals over out breakfast pho!
 
Carly just dropped her sunglasses in the pub toilet........ It's only the third day!
 
Living the dream! 
 

About abeckford


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.