Existing Member?

Fun in Vietnam

Day 1&2

VIETNAM | Friday, 22 November 2013 | Views [201]

5 hour flight to Singapore followed by a 17 hour wait. I myself slept like a          baby koala clinging to it's mothers soft warm bosom whilst Carly, sitting in the middle. seat sat uncomfortably the entire time cursing her life. 
 
We got to Singapore airport, collected out bags and ate a cup of half raw-Luke warm pot noodles then ventured into Singapore city.our adventures there didn't last long as it was 5am and nothing was open so we caught the train home. Luckily I was awake because we would have missed our stop as Carly was sitting  there like a bobble head trying to keep her eyes open..... Yes incase you were wondering I did spend the entire trip in the brace position ready to catch her incase she fell asleep on the Singaporean with a very offensive wirey beard who sat next to her. 
 
Back at the airport in terminal two,  otherwise known as the most boring terminal with absolutely no place remotely comfortable to sit let alone sleep we set up camp behind the public Internet desk and had a kip for a while.we went for a wander and ventured to terminal 3 and visited the sunflower garden which really was just a garden of sunflowers then the butterfly garden... Much the same as the sunflower garden but with butterflies and totally freaking awesome! Then found a 'snooze lounge' ....a lounge for snoozing.... Lounge.... After we slept on the floor!!!!
 
Now we are in Ho Chi Minh city, we explored a bit today and went to the markets which were very sub-par....below sub-par.... Infact they were nothing short of revolting! Just had lunch at our trusty pho bar and have come back for a quick lay down before we venture off again. God bless this pho bar it's absolutely amazing! Phocking amazing! 
 
Life's good!!
 

About abeckford


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.