Existing Member?

Anna's Amazing Adventures

Aftermath of the trip

USA | Wednesday, 24 December 2014 | Views [457]

Now that I've been home roughly 24 hours, it's finally hitting me that I'm not in Australia anymore. Work was a battle to stay awake today, but was filled with familiar faces asking about my trip and how tan I am (shweeet). I didn't realize how much I missed my friends until I saw them today. I was talking with my parents yesterday and we discussed how I really didn't get home sick, but being away from home makes you appreciate things a little more. Like the hundreds of different food options available in Chicago; I have never been more excited to eat a salami sandwich as I was today. Or how easy my commute is to and from work, how I actually understand all the coins in my wallet, and how nice it is to have free, unlimited wifi at home and data on my phone. Seriously, having good wifi is GLORIOUS. There are some lingering side effects from my trip, such as me saying 'no worries' instead of no problem. Thanks New Zealand. Or how when driving today, I switched lanes and accidentally turned on my windshield wipers...yeap that's still happening. I learned a lot on this trip and I'm sure more things will come to light the more I have time to think about it, but I loved traveling alone, and Australia and New Zealand are both beautiful countries that I would go back to in a heartbeat. I found I can live with myself for a month, and that driving on the other side of the road is not as hard as it looks, and always ALWAYS wash your red jeans separately from everything else. Now it's time to enjoy being home and celebrating the holidays.
Merry Christmas to everyone, Happy Chanukah to the tribe members, don't think I know anyone who celebrated Kwanza, but Happy Kwanza if you do! Until next trip...
Sweet as? Sweet As.
#AnnasAustralianAdventure 

About aamato20

Volunteering at Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.