Existing Member?

Anna's Amazing Adventures

Canberra is very boring.

USA | Monday, 15 December 2014 | Views [453]

9 hours driving up the coast of Australia is exhausting. The good news is that I didn't crash, or fall asleep, although a cop did follow me for 10 minutes....Probably because every time I tried to changed lanes, my wipers went off not my blinker...yea still working on that one. I stopped in wine country at a cellar called Chamber Rosewood, and spoke with a woman named Deb, who taught me about winemaking and flavoring of wines. She was a hoot and I bought two bottles! She told me about their crest that has an emu and kangaroo and stated "Forward Australia" These animals were chosen because of their knees and bodies. Their anatomic design make it impossible for them to move backwards, they can only go forward just like Australia.  I ate at a Hungry Jacks, which is similar to a McDonald's and Burger King, but not as good. They did have free wifi which I used to catch up on my snapchats. After finally arriving in Canberra, I finally understood why Australians looked at me crazy when I said I was visiting here....there's not a lot going on. There's a super big mall wither grocery stores and shops and a few places to see, but not enough to really fill a whole day, so I'll probably catch up on my reading, or if the weather stays a little nicer, I can read by the pool. I slept in this morning before heading out to see a few places. I went to the top of Mt. ainslie and saw the city from the top. I then tried to go to the mint treasury, but there were military people everywhere and I probably shouldn't have been near there so I ended up on constitution road which has beautiful memorials for all the wars Australia has fought in. My dad would have enjoyed it and from the row of statues, you can see the parliament building one way and Mt. ainslie down the other. By this time I was starving, so I headed back to the mall and got some Nandos! It was pretty solid. Then I spent the afternoon listening to some of the Serial podcast. Which is really good, I highly recommend you listen to it if you enjoy mystery and Law and Order SVU. Went back to Pizza Gusto and got some noms before settling in with The Good Wife and an early night since I was driving to Sydney in the morning. 

Tags: australia, canberra

About aamato20

Volunteering at Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.