Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Scuba Diving in Koh Tao

THAILAND | Friday, 6 March 2009 | Views [645]

Well I am actually back in Bangkok again for the 4th time during this trip!  What happened was that my tattoo wasn't finished and they wanted to let it heal before they did all the white that was going in it.  They told me to come back after a week.  So we caught a bus from Bangkok to Chumphon where we then caught a ferry to Koh Tao.  On arrival we checked in at Ban's Dive Resort which was a really nice place.  We chilled for two days letting our tattoos heal and then we started our open water scuba diving course on the 3rd day down there.  It was a 4 day course which involved classroom stuff, watching DVDs, the first session in the pool and then we did 2 dives to 12 metres and on the last day we did 2 more dives to 18 metres.  It was probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life.  It is so cool being able to breathe underwater.  We saw blue spotted stingrays. eels, so many fish and a lot of beautiful coral.  Now that I'm certified to dive I can't wait to dive again which will probably be in Koh Phi Phi when we get there.  And then we should be hitting the Great Barrier Reef sometime in April before Matt flys home.  Koh Tao was such a cool, chill island as well.  I had been there once before and it remains one of my favourite places in Thailand.  So after the diving I travelled all the way back to Bangkok for my tattoo to be completed.  Matt stayed in Koh Tao and I'm meeting him in Koh Phangan tomorrow where we'll be experiencing the infamous Full Moon Party on the 10th, should be a really good time.  Last night on the bus and boat ride I started talking to 3 girls that I had met while waiting for the taxi to take us to the pier.  The 4 of us pretty much hung out the whole day.  After like 8 hours of talking to each other we finally decide to introduce ourselves.  The 2 girls introduce themselves as Sarah and Kelly and I'm like no way, those are my 2 sisters names!  Then the 3rd girl says her name is Katie.  That was even weirder because my mom's name is Katie.  So I'm sitting having dinner with Katie, Sarah, Kelly and me.  What the hell are the chances of that!  I just got the tattoo finished and I'm waiting for the bus to take me to Koh Phangan. 

Tags: call me scuba steve

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.