Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Lazy Days in Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Saturday, 14 February 2009 | Views [657]

Well today is Valentine's Day and I'm in Thailand with my friend Matt so there's not much romance going on for either of us today.  Yesterday we rented a motorbike and drove up to Doi Suthep which is a temple overlooking the city of Chiang Mai.  I had done the drive last time I was here but it was Matt's first time in Chiang Mai so we decided to go anyway.  It was a beautiful day and an awesome drive.  We tried to go swimming at the university after that but it was members only.  We tried a hotel but they wanted 5 bucks and the pool was kinda shit and the sun was going down so we bailed on that idea.  Instead we went to the mall next door and went glow in the dark bowling.  I am proud to say I didn't crush my ankle this time and I bowled my highest game ever, a 169 including a turkey which is three strikes in a row.  Matt actually got 4 strikes in a row one game and bowled a 195 which I couldn't believe.  We went to Roots Rock Reggae last night to see the local reggae band and to look for my friend Ping Pong who usually hangs out there.  He must have been working on a trek cuz we didn't see him but we had a good night anyway.  Today we still had the motorbike until 1:30 so we went for a saturday morning drive along the river before we had to return it.  We are both still feeling weird from the food poisoning so we decided to just go see a movie instead of doing anything too physical.  We saw Benjamin Button which was a very well done and unique movie.  See what happens tonight, tomorrow were heading up to village of Pai to relax in the country for a couple days.

Tags: i got a turkey!

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.