Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

My Tiny Bike

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 28 December 2008 | Views [614]

Today we decided we were going to rent bicycles, ride over to the Vietnamese Embassy to apply for visas and then check out the other beach in town.  The only bikes we could find were a pair that included one normal black mountain bike and one tiny weird bike with little tires and a really tall seat.  It had little kid stickers and lime green fenders.  I was definitely the coolest kid on two wheels that day.  Turned out the embassy was closed on sundays so we just continued over to Victory Beach.  Neither of us brought boardshorts so we went for a dip in our jockeys and then baked for a little bit in the near 40 degree temperatures.  We ate at a really cool restaurant that had a whole small airplane right in the restaurant and the servers wore airport grounds crew uniforms.  It was pretty cool.  We had a huge Sunday Roast at a place called Mick and Craigs for dinner, watched the Chelsea game and played some pool at the Cool Banana, then called it a night.

Tags: riding up hills sucks

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.