Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Aaron the Muay Thai boxer

THAILAND | Friday, 7 November 2008 | Views [322] | Comments [2]

Today we switched guesthouses from the long beach area to the actual town area near the path to the viewpoint on Koh Phi Phi Don.  We chilled at the beach for a bit and then ran into the two couples again we had been hanging out with the past couple days.  The highlight of the day was when Will and I volunteered to box each other at the local Muay Thai Boxing ring.  The ring is in the middle of a huge bar.  There were probably 100 people watching us fight.  It seemed like a good idea before we started but we realized how tiring boxing is very quickly!  I gave Will a bloody nose in the first round so he was pissed off and had blood all over his face for round 2.  He gave me a fat lip and my jaw is still hurtin a bit as I write this.  The judge gave the fight to me so that was pretty cool but Will's nose was pretty hurtin so he left the bar shortly after.  He made sure to barf on some guys steps on the way home.  I stayed on for a bit and made a fool of myself on the dancefloor.  There is video of our fight and I'm hoping it will be on facebook or youtube soon!  Its pretty good!

Tags: lets fight each other in front of a full bar!

Comments

1

You guys are asses... Brandy and I got a chuckle from this story! We all leave for Vegas in 5 days and pretty sure we're not going to fight.. well maybe Tracy will!

  ang Nov 10, 2008 12:49 AM

2

Hey guys Where on youtube I could get video of your scary fighting? Pretty interesting. I kept following you trip for some time. Funny

  Mike Aug 28, 2013 9:40 PM

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.