Existing Member?

Travelling One Country at a Time

Organising

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 15 January 2014 | Views [377]

The last time I went overseas was in 2008 on a school trip; which was organised buy a travel company for the school. Easy as. All I needed was my passport, camera and a copy of all my travel documents. I was 15 and I was heading to Japan. 
 
This time. I am now 21 and on my way to New Zealand. I don't have a school. I don't have a company. I had to do it myself. Big step. Shocking step. I had to chase a new passport (and all the documents to get one; pain in the ass), the tickets to New Zealand were a birthday present but I had to organise my connecting flights to the international airport. I have also had to organise travel insurance; thanks to this site it was easy; as I was planning heaps of high risk sports. 
 
My friend Kelly and I are just winging it. We know what we want to do but we will organise when and where as we go. She is a Kiwi citizen with Aussie Residence; so basically I have my own personal tour guide. 
 
I leave in about 32 days for Auckland from Brisbane. I still have to pack and organise documents, travel cash (deciding on travel checks or a travel debit card), mobile phone SIM card and just to organise my life in general before I leave. 
 
Lots have research and internet scrolling has help me prepare for my first unguided school trip and my first trip as an Adult. But there will be many more trips to come~~~~ x

Tags: documents, organising, preparation

 

About __vickyvic


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.