Existing Member?

Explore.Dream.Discover 2012

Monday 5th March - The Sleeper Train

INDIA | Monday, 5 March 2012 | Views [457]

Monday 5th March
We are still in the train.... Half way through, but acually we are having a good time and it is quite a lot of fun. At night the seats convert into bunks, so that there are 3 bunks from ceiling to floor. During the day people are constantly selling snacks, and it is a great way to meet and intergrate with the locals.(Just to add we went with the lowest class of train possible, meaning no aircon and cheap as chips!)
To pass the time me and Soph decided to play cards (gounga for the Greeks), and before we knew it half the train the train wanted to play with us! Despite the language barrier it wasnt long before about 3 locals were playing, each having 4 advisors, and rotating each round! It was hilarious! 
Seeing India from the train was also great fun, so much farmland and greenery, really brought to light the vastness of this amazing country.  Sitting by the open door was also pretty exhilarating... Unimaginable in the UK (India doesnt have drunks that would fall out of trains!)
Sharing our area were two hippy French girls who we became friends with. 
The hours are still counting down.....

Tags: buses

About OandSoph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.