Existing Member?

Big Trip Blog Bigtripblog is a multimedia travel experience capturing the adventures of Kevin and Valerie during their one year trip around the world.

The Beautiful (and cold) Coast of NSW

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 14 June 2007 | Views [1616] | Comments [1]

surfer

surfer

Val: The North Coast of New South Wales is gorgeous! We're currently in Port Macquarie, soaking up the incredible sea views and relaxed grassy parks while we figure out what's next. The bright blue water is so inviting, but one thing is for sure - IT IS SO FREAKIN' COLD! Instead of attempting to get in, it's nice to throw on a jacket and watch the surfers and dolphins tough it out. We're going to move north tomorrow. Winter in June and heading north to defrost are pretty counterintuitive for we northern hemispherians, but hey, that's one of the things that makes it fun to be here.

But back to this area being gorgeous. The grass is literally greener here. It's supposed to be a metaphor, but "the grass is always greener" is a true, matter-of-fact statement as long as you put "in Australia" after it. We drove into the hinterland and cruised through some excellent rolling farmland with black and white cows grazing on the neon green grass with cloudless blue skies behind them. Makes a person want to buy a farm and live right off the land.

People are so curious about the van. Some come right up and ask about it, others stare for awhile then shyly act like they don't see you when you look at them. Everyone we've talked to has been so incredibly nice, though.

Keep checking up on us as we rock it north!

Tags: ambassador van, beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

I Kevin and Valerie I saw you today at Port Macquarie
at Mrs. York's garden and wanted to come and talk with
you but didn't. Yes it can be cold in Port but when it
is cold in Port in the morning it usually is a lovely
day. Also we get the wind from the snow up on the
mountains (Walcha way) and I believe it was snowing up
that way to-day. Also if you are travelling North you will not doubt see some whales on your way.
Have a great trip. I have just come back to Port from
a trip to the Outback which was sensational.

  Alice Beaven Jun 14, 2007 10:24 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.