Existing Member?

heelspur travels

Budapest via London

HUNGARY | Wednesday, 9 June 2010 | Views [488]

Scored a free-bee from BA for cancelling my flight on the evening of the 3rd June, stayed overnight in London and flew out the following morning to Budapest. Really grateful for the opportunity for a bed before the next flight, so worked out well. Lovely blue skies in London, not a cloud in the sky. How rare that is.

Budapest is a very elegant city, very impressed with its architecture and parks and gardens. Transport not quite as well organised as Prague, but in other respects in may even be a better planned city, but much larger area so harder to navigate youself around, so had to take buses and trams. As a result, quite a bit of traffic congestion.bTook in some organ music at one of the famed cathedrals (st Stephens) and a ballet at the Budapest Opera House.

Unfortunately, the rains have been heavy and the Danube is flooding! All canal cuises have been cancelled, so lots of tourists roaming the streets of Budapest.

Enjoyed my stay, red top bus and great Spa and massage at the Gellert Hotel. Cheap. May as well enjoy before I hit Switzerland where I believe everything is reputed to be expensive!

Off to Lucerne tonight

Cheerio

Marcelle

 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.