Existing Member?

heelspur travels

Its Just Hell in Hvar

ITALY | Saturday, 24 May 2008 | Views [299]

The pictures tell the story!! Marcelle doing some seriously overdue R & R on Hvar. This island is 50 minutes by cat from Split (large ferry variety, only $5 fare one-way) Booked into a little pensione ($50 a night, no advance booking required) with a view to the harbour and the beautiful sunsets, but walked around most days to the resorts for coctails and meals, and a swim in their spa and pool (cost me $11 per day entry). Quite reasonable way to spend the day! Hotel Amfora was one of them that I would recommend in Hvar.If the staff they asked me where I was staying, I would reply ' just in from one of the boats' - and this would garantee me great service. Many of the boats out in the harbour were in the millionaire jet set class!! Couldn't reveal my much more humble status, obviously.

Best day was the kayak tour to outlying chain of little coral (well, limestone) islands and caves off the isalnd of Hvar, water too shallow for anything but little speedboats and kayaks. There was a little cafe at a one man post called Mlina, where I tasted the local Hvar wine (best yet) and a great bowl of pasta with local fish and clams. The swimming places nearby pure heaven, crystal clear waters that went for miles. No sharks or things that bite. At least thats what they told me...........

and thanks Trish, haven't been eaten yet!

Cheerio

Marcelle

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.