Existing Member?

Berglunds Go South

California and cooler temps

USA | Thursday, 20 July 2017 | Views [589]

Golden Gate Bridge

Golden Gate Bridge

Tuesday, July 11

We went through Sequioa National Park and took a nice hike on the Congress trail. We saw the infamous General Sherman tree, the largest living organism in the world. He is a big one!! We were so excited to be at higher elevation and breathe fresh, cooler air. We stopped at a roadside stand and picked up some fresh fruit and produce. We headed toward San Fransisco and got to Dan Brekken's house in the city around 7:30pm. We walked to get Tacos at the popular, El Taqueria. It was great to catch up with Dan and he was kind to let us crash his evening. We have seen the most exciting wildlife in CA so far including a possum right in Dan's backyard. 

Wednesday, July 12

We stopped at Dynamo Donuts for breakfast and headed to John Muir State Park. Sadly, there was no parking and we had to keep going on the road due to no room for the van. We instead took a quick stop at Muir beach. We started driving up the coast a little blind adn stopped at Doran Beach for the night. We got the last campsite available after the rangers said that someone who had the reservation left early. Score!! We had a great spot, cooked dinner and had our first campfire of the trip. We all embrased feeling cooler temps and rode our bikes down to the end of the point for an evening adventure. 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.