Existing Member?

J&K adventures

The last few days

HONDURAS | Monday, 1 September 2008 | Views [375] | Comments [2]

Sorry we have been out of contact for a few days... we have been staying on an island that doesn´t have internet.

We went to the Mayn ruins in Palenque and headed out of Mexico the next day.  We crossed the border into Guatemala via boat... it was pretty cool.  We ended up staying on a little island called Flores.  It took about two minutes to walk across the whole thing.  We woke up the next morning at 2:30 a.m. to go to the last of our ruin sites for the trip - Tikal.  We arrived at the site at around 5:00 and hiked up the tallest of teh temples there to watch the sunrise.  It was raining and cloudy, so we didn´t get to see much sun, but it was still a great view.  Luckly, the hotel we were staying at had a roof top patio and some hammocks, so we were able to relax the rest of the day and take in the local beer - Salva Vida, meaning Lifesaver.  Not sure if it actually saves lives, but we aren´t taking any chances, so we are takng in a heathly diet of it.

Then it was off to Utila, Honduras.  We had to take 11 hours of buses and spend the night in La Ceiba, but we finally made it.  Utila is a little island in Honduras which is located in the Carribean.  We decided to stop here for a few days and do some scuba diving.  Since neither of us had been before, we had to sign up for a course to get certified.  We jsut finished the second of our three days.  James is amazing, like he is at everything.  Kimberly is having a few more problems, but hasn´t been eaten by anything yet.  We have been joking that James will have to take the rescue diver course just so that we can go without an instructor.  While we are taking the course, the school has put up us up in accomodations on a nearby caye. 

We will probably stay here for a couple more days and then head to La Ceiba to do some white water rafting.

Comments

1

WOW! The scuba and views sound incredible! I cant wait to hear and see all about it! So glad you both are enjoying! Glad to get some commentary from Kim...Jimi's flava can get stale...lol...miss and love you both

Best always

- C -

  Slyrus Sep 2, 2008 1:53 PM

2

Glad you wrote again. I was beginning to worry. Sounds like you are having fun and glad you didn't take any chances with the Life Saver. Have fun!!!!!!

  San Diego Mom Sep 3, 2008 2:28 AM

About 120thst


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.