Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 62 – 1st July 2015 Wednesday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 3 July 2015 | Views [246]

I did my normal 5.5km walk through Cam Thanh, Red Bridge and was pleased with my time at 48 min 36 sec. Kevin decided he was going to ride to Marble Mountain again after breakfast. It seems Cuc and Huynh are taking longer and longer to get breakfast ready. It is now taking over an hour to complete. Kevin was off on his 39km ride which took him 2 hr 10 min round trip. I meanwhile took all our gear to the beach. Kevin arrived just before 11am. It is a stinker of a day at 38C but feels like 46C according to the weather apps. There was no air movement at the beach and I had to ask for a fan just to circulate the warm air a little. The ocean has been dead flat and clear for days and it is amazing to swim in water like this where you can see the bottom so clearly. I stayed until 1pm and then headed back via the wine shop to get a bottle of red for dinner.. Thank god for air conditioning. We lazed around in the afternoon until Kevin decided to wash his bike. This kept Cuc and Huynh amused for half an hour. We headed off to M and JA just after 4.30. I loaded Calibre and 200 books onto Monika's computer and also some photos I have taken of our bike rides. It is so bloody hot, did I mention it already. Well there apartment is boiling and so we have a few drinks and then some nibbles before heading up to the patio for dinner. Monika has cooked Bun Cha – a dry soup pork noodle dish with salad which is a specialty of Hanoi that she likes. It was yummy. A French Aussie Gerard also came for dinner and he has just moved back to HoiAn from Mission Beach QLD. He is now looking for a house to rent as he is going to retire and live here permanently. He was here last year as well. We headed home around 9ish and it was a relief to find our air conditioner still on and the room relatively cool.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.