Existing Member?

Travel the World by Food Curiosity. The World in 24 frames per second.

Amazing Thailand Film Challenge: Take 2!

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 20 August 2014 | Views [688]

A friend and I luckily got a spot to enter for the second time in this year's film competition in Thailand, all expenses paid! That's two year's in a row!

A year ago we trekked the beautiful ruins of Ayutthaya, just an hour and a half away from Bangkok. This year we had a longer road trip to Chumphon, Pala-U and Khao Yoi that took us roughly 9 hours. Lodging was not a problem at all because anywhere you stop there are possibly at least a five family hoteliers and, well, we got an awesome PA that took her way out to help us get a discount at every single transactions we had.

 

Certificate Awarding

 

We enjoyed the bayview of Chumphon (farthest that we've gone) though we didn't get to island hop for we were only on a shoestring budget but nonetheless, the trip and experience was indeed amazing. The rocky waterfalls adventure in Pala-U, though the only problem we had was the park fee. They actually charge foreign tourists 100% higher than the rate for local tourist. Also, we weren't able to get to the highest peak of the falls because we got there a bit late in the afternoon and it was really risky to travel back to the front since the rocks were really slippery and the authorities actually warns all tourists to not overstay until 6pm because the elephants were supposed to walk down the rocks for their bathtime (or at least that was the story told to us). Lastly, Khao Yoi, a very peaceful place where a very mystical cave is situated (though forgot what was their local name for the cave). The tour guide says that the whole cave (there's actually lying one of the biggest Buddha I've seen in my entire life second floor inside this cave) was once underwater (which also made me think that the whole town/province was also underwater though) and through time the water subsides and gave them this huge sacred and mystical cave. Inside you could actually see some interesting rock formations, from an elephant to a hermit's head and the most awesome of all, and they believe it to be a sacred message to the Thai people, was a rock formation of a dragon covering the whole ceiling and walls of the inside of this cave (goosebumps when I hear this, for real).

 

Awards Night

 

The team was actually planning on making various movie genre to be fitted in 7 minnutes though unforseen problems has taken our cameras and laptops, we had to stick to just one video. And that was actually this music video we made. We didn't (and we weren't actually expecting) get to win anything, but hey! Getting to this competition all expenses paid is a win already. Hope to get another chance next year and bring home the bacon this time, or eat some there and bring home the leftovers.

 

'Til next time!

ลาก่อน!

 

 

Tags: adventure, asia, film, filmmaking, music video, short film, thailand, travel

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.