Existing Member?

Hoi ta toi toi! Chip chip cheeerio! Merry Trentadue's all up in the UK ...watch out! Travel Journal Here we go again!

Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 8 March 2008 | Views [722]

I forgot to report that I had some celebrity sitings in LAX airport! I saw Mattchew Brodrick (with some lady that wasn't SJP)! Also - there were 2 celebrities on our flight to Sydney! I very pregnanat Namoi Watts (aussie actress)was on the plane. didn't see her, but the girl that sat next to me saw her check in. And MARY MURPHY from So you think you can dance!!! She was only a few rows up from us, with one of the latin coriographers! When we were going through customs, she was right next to us in line, and the latin guy saw me looking at him, so he said hi. then i said "I am obsessed with SYTYCD!" and the laughed. then Mary Murphy said they were in Sydeny to do the show there! I tolder he I was in love with travis, and I totally voted for Sabre. ha.

Anyway- we landed in Sydnery on Feb 27h. (The 26th disappeared b/c of the dateline). We all get off the plane and head to the hostle to shower up - then right to work. We are all a bit jetlagged obviosuly.. but we walk from our hostle to the a hotel where we aer going to meet Randy - the guy that started ISV. the big boss. we have to perform for him, and the he has to give us a pass or fail. he loved my annoucement and i did good on the other part i had to show him to. Randy is funny. He's an 60ish guy, with a red curly WIG, very passionate, loves to preach. (youll see pics of him if i ever get wireless... i can download on my laptop, then add them to the albums here).

After that, we all head back to the hostle, and then take a long walk to Darling Harbor. If anyone watches the Real World - we went to the place where thy live. I coudln't find their house, but we were right on the harbor. This is where jet lag set it real bad for me. we got dinner (which remidned me there is no service in australia. you have to go up to the bar to order your meal, and your drinks, anytime you want anything. i don't remember that ...but then agin 2001 was a long time ago) - and thenDecided to walk some more to the Sydney Opraph house, adn the bridge. It was getting darker, and then we got rained on. It's ok though, prob for the best... kept us awake. Me and Liz (another recruiter) went to bed early. We also work up early and did yoga in one of the common rooms of the hostle. I brought my tape. It felt great! So now it's Thursday Feb 28th, and we walk some more to the ISV office. meet the staff, and then get some things done, like emailing our student reps from the first uni, figure out where we will be sleeping for the weekeing...ect. Then we head back, get ready, and head to Randy's house at BONDI BEACH for a party! His place is soooo pimp. Rap around decks, all over looking Bondi! We had to perform skits to explain our team name. Me and Brad's was REALLY funny. Our team name is "Whales Regina" because I'm from San Diego, and he's from Regina, Canada. So we actied out the scene from Anchor man, when will ferrell is in the car talking about the great san diego...whales vagina...ext. we changes it aroung to include our bosses in. it was really funny. after the party, we went to some bars... then headed home.

Me and brad have to catch a 5:45am bus to the airport for our Flight to brisbane! We were really tired to say the least.

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.