Existing Member?

Raiders Of The Lost Kiwi The journal of two young men setting out on a journey of self harm, destruction and chaos. Hope you enjoy the show!

The Bay Of Islands

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 18 April 2008 | Views [481]

After much driving (very scenic) we arrived in the Bay Of Islands, Paihia to be specific. The weather had finally changed and it was hot hot hot, after much debating we finally decided to go for a swim directly opposite the town centre, the Beach was awsome, check the pics.

After a very near miss in the van, due to the most retarded rule ever made we found a place to park up for the night, the place is seriously geared for tourism, free parking everywhere and public toilets on every street corner, perfect for us tramps.

We went to a back packer bar for some food and beer and pete ended up winning a two for one trip arround the bay of islands on the fastest boat in the harbour, the Mack Attack. We went out to the hole in the rock, a huge narural hole in an island out at sea, check the pics.

We also decided to doa bit of Sea Kayaking and went out a to a few of the islands whilst trying to dodge boats, very cool. We ended up staying here for 2 days and just kicked back and relaxed,spent some time planning our route on the beach and also spent some time in the bars on the harbour front, seriously swish.

Tags: hot boats kayaks

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.