Existing Member?

Tales from the Road

Snorkeling in Anilao, Batangas

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 25 March 2009 | Views [8240]

What to Expect

Batangas offers good sites for both trekking and diving. If you expect to enjoy swimming in a beach, don't consider Anilao. There is just a small stretch of beach here and you have to hop to another island to get there. If don't dive but you are ok with just snorkeling and swimming with the fishes, you can consider Anilao.

Outrigger Diving Resort

There are a number of resorts available in Anilao but we stayed in Outrigger Resort in Solo, Anilao, Mabini. Overnight accommodation is a bit expensive, so are the meals. If we could camp instead, it would have been cheaper and more exciting.

The Outrigger Diving Resort

The resort at night time

Lunch in the resort costs way too much for us so we had lunch in a near by karinderya instead

Some rest while others play

Snorkeling and Diving

There are good snorkeling spots in Anilao but none compares to those inn Balicasag of Bohol. I guuess the real treasure of Anilao is somewhere under the sea, and can only be visited by those who can dive. Introduction to diving is offered by the resort but our schedule did not allow me to try it. The total cost for it is PhP1500. Maybe next time.

Snorkeling in Anilao

You can view my world nomad Anilao album HERE.

Tags: anilao, batangas, diving, snorkeling

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.