Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

a birthday to remember - if only i could remember what happened...

CROATIA | Sunday, 14 October 2007 | Views [796]

my head and body are pretty sore and my mouth tastes like cotton wool. it must be my birthday!

We are now in Dubrovnik and staying in the best hostel i have ever stayed in. We arrived at 10am to a welcome shot of homemade alcohol from Mamma who is a bit of a character. Last night was a football game between Croatia and Isreal to qualify for eurocup, and before the game the son gave us all a very thorough taste testing session of more croatian alcohol, more home made stuff that smelled like metho and tasted like metho. Although it is only a very small hostel it seemed to be packed to the rafters as people kept turning up and in the end there were a few people going to sleep on the lounges. After the game (which croatia luckily won) we headed out and the most I remember is drinking a long island ice tea out of something that looked like a massive vase.

Thismorning i got a big birthday kiss from mamma when i finally surfaced.

The past few days we spent on Korcula island. We hired scooters (sorry mum...again) and rode round the island full of olive groves. Then we got stranded by the lack of ferries to Dubrovnik so we had to go back to Split to get down here.
Dubrovnik is nice, but it was all a bit overcrowded with pensioner tours from the big cruise ships parked everywhere.

My head is not working very well, so I will have to leave it at that for now...

 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.