Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

Switzerland

SWITZERLAND | Thursday, 27 August 2009 | Views [563]

Normal 0 14

 Weren't quite sure what to expect from Switzerland but so glad that we decided to visit. A quick two night stop over in Geneva. Pretty town, situated around the lake, however we were here for the tourist attractions. Hired bikes to get around for the day (thought it was about time we started exercising after our culinary tour of Europe). Went to the United Nations which was amazing. I felt like I was in the West Wing or something. Security was full on. Had to bring our passports and got laminated passes saying 'Candice Tucker- United Nations', prob daggy but I loved it. The tour was cool, but Jayden had to drag me away from their bookshop as I wanted to purchase all sorts of stuff from 'Women's struggle for freedom in third world countries' to 'The true story of boy soldiers in Sierra Leonne'. Made a few purchases but no where near as many as I would like. After that visited the International Red Cross museum.

 

The next day we were off to Interlaken 'a backpackers paradise' (apparently). We soon realised on the train that everything looked better than a postcard. From the  crystal blue lakes to the snow capped mountains we were in awe. Checked into our hostel to find we were sharing with an aussie couple from Townsville. Cant escape the buggers eh? Spent four nights there and chilled out. Our hostel was right on the river and had an awesome outdoor area and kitchen which enabled us to save some money. Took a hike around the foothills of mountains, Took a cable car from Grindlewald to a mountain that was over 2000m high. When we got to the top we were greeted by goats Crazy! Hired a catamaran and sailed  (or did what we could with the little wind). A lot of jumping off, swimming and sunbathing. Loved Interlaken, amazing sights, and the Swiss are really friendly. Each person speaks at least three languages, and everybody from the checkout chick to the guy from the sailing club speaks perfect English. Highlight of the trip so far- would recommend it to anyone.

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.