Existing Member?

Candice & Jayden's O.S Adventure

France and catching up with friends

FRANCE | Thursday, 27 August 2009 | Views [420]

Normal 0 14

 It took us a lot of effort to get to france, however it was definitely worth it in the end. It took 4 trains, 1 bus, and two 1 night stop overs to get there. However once we did we finally relaxed. Dylan and Tash were excellent hosts. We were welcomed by beer, wine, cheese, baguettes and that set the tone for the next few nights. Dylan and Tash are caretakers for a chateau which looks exactly like a castle. The chateau has about 12 rooms, and Dylan and Tash have their own flat underneath. We spent the days basking in the sun, playing with their dogs, swimming in their pool, catching up, drinking and taking long walks in the sun. Was awesome to relax from our 'jobs' as tourists and just do nothing with friends for awhile.

We hugged Dylan and Tash goodbye, and wished them the best of luck on their travels as we prob wont see them for another year.

 

Then off to Paris to give the city a second chance to make an impression on us. We stayed with an old school friend of mine Bec and her husband John. They live in a 'tiny' apartment in the Montmart e district, about 7 floors up and lots of stairs (especially with back packs). Was great again to catch up with Bec as it has prob been 4 years since I saw her last. They took us on a sunset picnic on the seine. Us and about 150 Parisians drank, ate, watched the sun set, the boats on the river, and when night fell the Eiffel tower present its light show. Was truly amazing, had to pinch ourselves to remind us it was real. The next day Jayden and I walked round Paris for the day, had an amazing French lunch and lazed around the grass outside the Sacre Cour church taking in the sun. We then bid Bec and John goodbye as we don't know when we will see them again as they have plans to stay abroad for awhile.

 

Was great to catch up with friends and see France again. A lovely place to visit in summer.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.