Existing Member?

The Awesome Adventures of Hannah and Emma

The Trials and Tribulations of Fashion

JAPAN | Friday, 18 September 2009 | Views [719] | Comments [1]

Its the time you have all been lookng forward to- a note from Hannah. We arrived safe and sound in Kobe to spend some time with Emmas family. Heading out for some day trips in Kyoto, Hiroshime and Nara which should be awesome as there are sooo many things to see. Including the place where The Last Samurai movie with Tom Cruise was filmed- yes, you are soo jealous of us, I know.

Yes folks, its time to do laundry. Clearly the Japanese have managed to have the coolest and most advanced laundromats around. We have successfully cleaned our clothes and are much happier about everything (except maybe our backpacks who have now been named Ruby and Lucifer). Our night out in Tokyo did us no favours as the smell of cigarettes, beer, smoke machines has been trapped in our bags as we crossed the country. A note about travelling for extended periods- when it comes to looking good- forget it. Even in Japan- the fashionista capital, our attempts to look cool can be classfied as an epic fail. Emma broke out an outfit that would be fit for a back up dancer in a bad 90s pop video a couple days ago. But as time wears on, you really just stop caring.

And apparently people don't show their shoulders in Japan- even in 30 degree weather, so my tank top could have been a mistake to wear, but to be fair, I couldnt figure out if they were staring at my shoulders or because I was the only white person on the subway.

So we don't look good or even remotely cool, but when did we ever?

Tags: fashion, japan

Comments

1

Well done ladies! lol
these blogs are hilarious and I am living vicariously through both of you ... Peter is boring when sober

  Bobby Macnab Sep 21, 2009 6:19 AM

About hannahandemma


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.