Existing Member?

The Orphanage Experience The Orphanage Exeperience is a non profit initiative, to take fun, educational & sustainable activities vital for a childs development to children in orphanages across the world. 2005 sees the Orphanage Experience off to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.

Help- Road to orphanage washed out!

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 24 November 2005 | Views [1200]

With only a week to go, there is still much to get done,  but i think we are ready, got the booster jabs, the visas, so now just got to get there.

Part of the long terrm plan for The Orphanage Experience is to build a trust to act as a safety net for the orphanages, a body they can approach when something unexpected happens which they then need funding for; for urgent medical car for a child, new water pipes, wages for a staff member.

Last night I received an email from the coordinator of the orphange in Cambodia with an appeal for help of this nature. The road to the orphanage has been washed out during the monsoon, and needs fixing to ensure a clear and safe route. This request is much sooner than I anticipated, but these things cannot be predicted. With only a week to go I could not assure them that I would be able to fully fund this, but as I have found through setting up this project, there is no harm done in asking, and you have to ask in order to receive. So if you havent alreaddly got my hint, here is it, if any one would like to or knows someone in a position to sponsor the fixing of the road - let me know.

 We need five truck loads of laterite to mend the road: one truck load cost US $ 130 x 5 = US $ 650.

Thanks,

Hanna

Tags: The Planning Phase

About hanna_and_sarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.