Existing Member?

100 Days Of Summer When your home country is covered in feet of snow and -20 is the average temperature everywhere it's important to flaunt that you aren't home! This blog documents my adventures through the Pacific and South East Asia as I enjoy exactly 100 Days of Summer.

WILSON!!

FIJI | Wednesday, 22 January 2014 | Views [552]

Let me preface this post with the fact that Stacey and I have both never seen "Castaway" and should be teased relentlessly.

Today Vanessa, Cayla, Stacey and I woke up bright and early for a day cruise! We bussed to Port Denarau where we boarded a huge transfer boat that brings people to the small Mamanuca Islands. Then we got on a sailboat called the Seaspray which happens to be the oldest operating boat in the world! The Seaspray took us from Mana to the coast of an uninhabited island where they filmed Castaway.

We jumped off the boat and snorkeled into shore taking a million underwater pictures. Then we wandered up to the big "Help Me" in coconuts! We swam around for hours then had lunch on the boat with included drinks. The boat then sailed to Yanuya where we visited a village and had a Kava ceremony. We talked to the people that live there and played games with the most adorable kids! There was a baby sleeping in a hammock too!
We swam for a bit off the boat then headed back to Port Denarau. It was the most amazing day!

We talked to a lot of people and maintained the reputation of Canadian friendliness. There were these kids from Australia too that hung out with us all day and loved hearing about Canada and what we do there. They looked through all my pictures from home and tried to convince me to move to Australia!

Despite reapplying sunscreen multiple times we are all very burnt! My hands are awful! My hands of all places!

Tonight is my last night in Fiji and I'm pretty sad. I love it here and have had such an amazing time! We had dinner at Aquarius and turned in early. I packed to head out to New Zealand in the morning and meet Danielle.Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited for the rest of my trip. Fiji was amazing though and I am definitely coming back.

Tags: beaches, castaway, fiji, islands, sailing, seaspray, snorkling

 

About elizabethkfmurphy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.