Existing Member?

World Adventure

Krakow, Poland

POLAND | Wednesday, 25 November 2009 | Views [718]

Hi All,

A quick walk to the river for a look at the John Lennon peace wall but unfortunately vandals had sprayed over the original works.

We had time to drop in to the local pub we had found previous and have goulash and spicey pork with dumplings before racing off to pick up our bags and heading to the train station.

We got to the poland border and just about all the people got off. The carriage only contained a handful of tourists and one old czech woman who kept asking us what was happening (in czech).

It was almost an uneventful trip and after a minor hassle finding the hostel things were fine.

We booked into to the dorm and flopped into bed. It didn´t take long and some....

to be continued. Delayed as polish meal is on the table at the hostel. Food was great... and free!

Then our bad run with dorms started. We settled into our beds in the room and were happily drifting off to bed when a very drunken australian rolled in flopped into bed and started power snoring. The noise was unbearable and even physically shaking him didn't have any effect so I gave up on the idea of sleep and went out and played on the internet for a while before asking if we could sleep on the couch. The staff found us some beds in the dorm next door and we finally got to sleep.

Next day. Did a free tour of Krakow with a boring polish guide call Cristof. He tried really really hard but missed the theatrics required to hold our interest.

Next night. Night 2. An american had turned up sick and proceeded to power snore throughout the night so sleep was again in short supply.

Bye,

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.