Existing Member?

Europe2015

Rome Monday October 5

ITALY | Monday, 5 October 2015 | Views [321]

Trevi Fountain

Trevi Fountain

Had a sleep in this morning, our last day in Rome.

Took ourselves to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Pantheon. We seem to be staying near the consular district, as on our way we walk by the US and Japanese embassies among others. They have immense security and we can't even walk on the adjacent footpath. They are grand buildings in their own right though. 

Neither of us have seen pictures of the Trevi Fountain before, so weren't sure what to expect. We were so impressed by it - despite the fountain being closed for repairs. It sits in quite a small piazza, but we now understand what all the fuss is about as it is really quite remarkable. Would love to have seen the fountain working. Unfortunately it is surrounded by a glass wall and with the amount of tourists is difficult to get close. The Spanish Steps were a bit underwhelming,  but it could have something to do with the scaffolding that was on the villa behind and the fountain being fenced off and not working. 

Wandered around near our hotel this afternoon. We are in a section where the wall around the city from ancient times remains. It is in good condition. 

Dined at the same restaurant tonight. We were wandering past on our way to another, but our waiter recognised us and asked us so nicely to come in. How could we refuse? Another good meal to finish off on. More gelato for Col, Scott was still too full! 

About colandscott


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.