Existing Member?

Girl Gone Global

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 3 August 2012 | Views [2464] | Comments [13] | Scholarship Entry

Hi! I'm Angie, and I hope to be the next Samantha Brown!

My passions are, believe it or not, film/media and travel! I went to film school in Philadelphia, PA, before working in the NYC television scene for two years, but was not passionate about the subject matter. So, I took a hiatus from the industry and accepted a tour leader position. I showed off tourists from around the world the US and Canada, and also did a lot of traveling myself, traveling extensively through Europe and Asia and living in Australia! I learned so much about the world and became a better photographer and blogger along the way.

I returned to Los Angeles and have been attempting to break into the world of Travel TV. I have many shows to pitch that I feel would showcase stories from around the globe. I have been researching grants and networking with talented camera operators, directors, etc, because I would love to shoot a pilot. My ideas range from the bizarre (a show dedicated to strange tourist sites) to the topical (the sex trade as it affects women in different cultures). I want to inspire people to travel!

I shot this to show off my on-camera personality and some of my favorite parts of LA!

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Note: My boyfriend is also willing to join as a team, although he does work professionally as a Hollywood grip. We would like to note that we actually know how to mix audio. We had shot this with a borrowed microphone that was of poor quality :-)! Please don't judge!

Also, to describe myself in 3 words: energetic, enthusiastic, smitten (with the planet!)

  angieallover Aug 3, 2012 5:08 PM

2

What a fun, inspriring video! Great stories and fun facts along the way!

  Nikki Aug 4, 2012 8:38 AM

3

Such a cool, alternative way to see LA! I'd love to see what oft-missed things you could find in other cities and countries1

  CV Aug 4, 2012 11:42 AM

4

I think Angie would be the perfect person to shoot a travel video in Brazil or anywhere! She has a lot of travel experience and always takes fantastic pictures no matter where she is. She is very creative and always has great ideas. She is so ready to do something like this. I highly recommend her!

  Sheila Aug 4, 2012 11:54 PM

5

Angie seems like exactly the type that anyone would want leading the charge on a travel adventure!!! I love the pictures and her spin on things to do and ways to have fun... I want her to be my travel guide!!!!

  Laura Aug 5, 2012 7:12 AM

6

What an awesome, exciting and fun guide to LA. Watching this makes me want to jump on the next plane over. Angie's energy and passion for travel is infectious. I would love yo see her take on Brazil next!

  Ben V Aug 5, 2012 8:57 AM

7

I once actually was on one of Angie's tours, and she was exactly the kind of person you would want to acquaint you with a new place. She is happy, energetic, friendly, and seemed to know just what we wanted to learn about. You could tell she did her research, and made us feel like we learned a lot and had a fun time doing so, on our vacation destination. I hope she can reach a larger audience, she would be great!

  Sue Aug 6, 2012 10:44 PM

8

I love the way Angie shows the city and makes me feel like I'm right there with her! She's personable, energetic and extremely knowledgeable! I definitely want to see more from her!!!

  Steph Aug 7, 2012 5:48 AM

9

wow this is great, Angie please take me with you. this is just great

  lou Aug 7, 2012 7:16 AM

10

Look at Angie taking over the world! Nice work, makes me want to see LA immediately!

  Lauren Aug 8, 2012 3:56 AM

11

Best short video of its kind I have seen!!

  R Aug 8, 2012 8:39 AM

12

Great video!!! I'm going to have to schedule a trip to LA in the very near future!

  Rachel Aug 8, 2012 9:17 AM

13

Hi there, like your film a lot - really great edit. I just wanted to warn you that the entry criteria are very specific and rigid about the length IT CAN'T BE OVER 3:00 MINS! YOU NEED TO LOSE 3 SECONDS!

  flora berkeley Sep 19, 2012 11:05 PM

About angieallover

Santa Monica Beach!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.