Existing Member?

Home is Where the Heart is

Horror Flight

USA | Thursday, 29 March 2007 | Views [414]

With much excitement and fear I set off on my Honduras journey.  However, the stars weren’t aligning that night.  My flight was delay from 1230am to 230am.   FINE!  So it’s delay…..then because of the delay I missed my connecting flight.  Red-eye aren’t usually so horrible if they are on time and connecting as usually.  I finally got to Miami next day at 1pm and was told I miss my flight to Honduras by 6 mins and the next flight is not for another 5 hours.  Ok….getting extremely tired and at least it’s Miami and my parents are around.  So Daddy picked me up and went to hang out with Mommy for some fruits and relationship advice.  “Be nice to Zhu Zhu……and be careful!”

I got back in time for my flight and right about boarding time.  American Airline announces…. “Flight would be delay for two hours due to lack of pilots.”  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have never heard of that….there is no pilot to flight the plane.  AHHHHHHHHHH…..it has been going on a 14 hour continuation of a flight that should only total in 8 hours.  Alright so needless to say….I have lost it….crying and bitching and venting my frustration. Contemplating to stay in Miami with my parents.  AA was so unhelpful that it was like talking to a broken record.  “Sorry, there is nothing we can do”  “Sorry, there is nothing we can do”……….

Finally…..after 21hours of torture by American Airline….I have arrived in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.  Tiny airport with no A/C and one baggage claim.  After gathering my luggage I precede to immigration….which consist of one x-ray machine therefore one line for everyone.  My fear of Zhu Zhu not picking me up resurfaces but as soon as I walked past immigration I see ZHU ZHU!!!!  So relieve…finally made it!!!  My emotions are so strung out that I don’t know what I wanted to.  To cry, to scream, to laugh or just plainly crash. 

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About zinzin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.