Existing Member?

The World Is My Oyster

Arrival Chaing Mai, Thailand

THAILAND | Sunday, 2 May 2010 | Views [377]

So here begins my meandering road back to Canada.  Pit-Stop 1 Chiang Mai Thailand.  

Why is it that everytime I plan a trip, no matter how organized I think I am, I'm NEVER ready in time to leave.  Thanks to some of my friends and mostly to Adam, I managed to get on the plane with MOST of my things packed up and ready to go.  With very little sleep from the night before, as Adam and I were up packing until 11pm or later!  I grabbed a cab to the airport at 4am and sadly left Perth as the sun was rising on a very ironic rainy day.  I wont say much here about that, as you can imagine it was not a happy departure.

I first flew to KL where I spent the night at Tune Hotels at the airport.  Not that exciting, but a comfortable bed and Starbucks to provide some comfort away from anything familiar. Up again the next morning at 3am and flew to Chiang Mai.  My first contact with someone English speaking was an American guy who last lived in Alaska, we just chatted as we boarded the plane, but it was nice to actually speak to someone after a day of being alone.

I arrived safely and the hot humid air hit me like a tun of bricks.  Australia is hot, but the humidity is something totally different!  There is no sign of any civil unrest here, no one really seems fussed about it.  My hotel room is perfect, modest and small but just what i need.  First things first, I rented a pink push bike and test drove it on a trial ride to the Thai Massage School.  I was a bit wobbly at first as i got used to the old rickety thing but i managed to navigate my way through the traffic (btw not as scary as Bali)and arrived at the school with only a few missed turns.  This made me excited about tomorrow as I will meet some new friends and in 2 weeks have another trick in my bag.  After riding back to my hotel I took a dip in the pool and used my new itouch with the free wifi...magic!

Early to bed tonight as tomorrow I start school...hehe. 

Until some more exciting things happen,

Jen

About zenjen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.