Existing Member?

Me connecting locally with Delhi

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 26 September 2012 | Views [1401] | Comments [7] | Scholarship Entry

The places in my movie have special character to them. You know the kinds that cannot be replicated anywhere.The ones which have a sentimental value attached to them. Places where majority goes, familiar and pocket friendly.
My experience as a presenter has been zero.I Just read about the scholarship and asked my friend (who has zero experience with camera) to hold my ipad and capture the city as aesthetically as possible.We had to shoot two-and a half days for these three minutes and out of that it rained for 1 and a half days.
But the way I see it I don’t really need experience as a presenter. Have enough experience on traveling and I can do justice to the scholarship.
Traveling makes me happy. The money I made as a student I used it to know places.After winning this I want travel for the sake of traveling. Just break away, leave everything behind, travel and learn.And share it with everyone else.One thing I want above all- To swim with sea turtles one day.
(My official name is Kaneez Zehra Rizvi. But I am using Zeba for the screen)

Dishanka says: Though I have no professional experience in camera handling but I LOVE taking pix and capturing moments and nothing would be better to b given a chance to do it professionally. I do it when I get together with friends and this opportunity would be perfect.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Oh, this is wonderfully done Zeba! I really hope you get to swim with the sea turtles and get that on your iPad too!

  Radhika Sep 29, 2012 1:12 AM

2

:) yaay!! thanks Radhika

  zeba Sep 29, 2012 3:05 AM

3

Very spunky! Very you. Go girl!!

  Sriram Oct 1, 2012 3:03 AM

4

"i love the rickshaw rides"! so true! love the bubbles...love your expressions! i became very nostalgic. good job dishanka!:) Travel is the word!

  radhika chaturvedi Oct 2, 2012 8:39 PM

5

Awesome...Very Nice...Wanted to visit the Chai Place...wish this isnt the last travelogue from ya...hope u cover chennai when u get a chance...make sure the river cooum is out of focus :)

All the best...I am planning to make a short film...script is almost ready...i might need a little assistance from you with respect to finalizing crew...you are welcome to join as well...

  Sigh-ed Oct 4, 2012 6:25 PM

6

eah Interesting.i hope you will make it.:) good job as debutants.

  Georgy. Oct 4, 2012 9:40 PM

7

Thankss All. and Syed- Call me. after making this video i totally love the whole thing. lets do one on chennai

  zeba Oct 10, 2012 10:51 PM

About zeba


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.