Existing Member?

Nusantara Behind the Lens Indonesia have many Islands, from the biggest like Kalimantan (Borneo), Sumatra, and Java until the smallest like Kepulauan Seribu in Jakarta. All it's called Nusantara

Social Travel

INDONESIA | Monday, 7 January 2013 | Views [424]

If you ever visited Kepulauan Seribu, you will/ can find Panggang Island, one of the most populated island in Kepulauan Seribu. It's located in the west of main island, Pramuka Island. You can reach Panggang Island by traditional boat called "ojeg". Only Rp 5.000,- (about $ 0,6). or you can try this, but it's not recommended. You can go there by swimming (WOW). For your info, Panggang island's people usually swim across the deep see from Panggang to Pramuka (every year in independence day ceremony, the goverment holding a swimming race from Panggang Island to Pramuka Island). It's about a hundred meters long. Wanna Try?

So, what will you see there? I'll tell you, there are a lot houses and fishponds with many little alleys. Most of them are fisherman and crew of big ship. Here, not like another island which have many beautiful beach, there is only a small beach with smooth sand and beautiful view in the south of islands. What you can do is visiting the society here. Many people here come from many district. Most of them are from land (Jakarta) and from another island in Kepulauan Seribu. So, in this island there are a lot of culture you can fell, and a lot of society you can learn.

Don't be afraid, Panggang's people are kind people. One of them is my friend, Al Fajrin, or I usually call 'Aal'. He is one of local guide who has a lot of knowledge and experience about Kepulauan Seribu.
So, Will you visit this Island someday?Al Fajrin, my friends, local guide

Tags: fishponds, island, society

About yoyoisjojo

Semak Daun Island, one of beautiful beach in Kepulauan Seribu

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.