Existing Member?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Peace

CHILE | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [209] | Scholarship Entry

I remember just standing there. Listening to the sound of the strong water petting the shore line, while feeling the sand being carried away from the soles of my feet causing me to sink even deeper into this beach. I could feel the grains tickling my toes and I felt the waves brushing my ankles. Something about this place instantly made me smile. I opened my eyes and again the scenery took away my breath. The beach was wider, flatter and lonelier than everything I had ever seen before. Like the earth and the sea had agreed to form a strange and beautiful friendship instead of constantly fighting. It felt like they had once decided to overcome the fact that there could not be anything more contradictory than them and to live together in a sort of compromising, peaceful state of sharing. The inspiring part was to see how perfectly that worked out. The soft transition between the Island and the Pacific Ocean had created an approximately hundred meter wide passage where the water slopped just ankle deep over the sandy ground. Like a gigantic mirror that ribbon reflected the perfectly blue sky. That was the most beautiful part of that beach. The mirror was that promising friendship, that state of sharing. It could never exist without the earth and the sea constantly working together to keep its beauty. I started walking along the shore line thinking about how beautiful this world could be, if there would be shorelines like this everywhere. In every sea, every town, every plant, every bird. In the heart of that woman I met in that Chilean village where we stayed. And in the heart of my little brother all the way back home. If the rest of the world could realize, how this shoreline worked. What a compromise is. What love is. What peace is. The world would be a mirror itself- reflecting heaven. Maybe that is what had instantly made me smile.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About young


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.