Existing Member?

Kicking myself all the way

Chat-Up Lines

USA | Wednesday, 24 June 2015 | Views [125]

I was never any good at chatting up girls; could rarely think of a stunning one-line to hook their interest in a loud pub or heaving club.

It is not a skill which age has honed, I can tell you.

65 days in, and trying to initiate a conversation with a stranger at a cafe, or fellow guest at the hostel, has worn me down .. but I am still persevering!

When you speak with a 'lad' you will be told that the key to chat up lines is that you subject enough women to it, and by the lad-law-of-averages one of them will respond well. Apparently no matter how bad the line, it will still work eventually - maybe 1 in 100 instead of 1 in 5 for a 'good' one.

So I have embraced a '1 in 10' rule, as that seems to be my average success rate with starting a conversation with complete random strangers.

This is all new territory for me, this extrovert, out going, chatty persona.

When it works I enjoy the moment. It's nice to hear your own language now and again, and even nicer to speak it!

 

 

About yoshic


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.