Existing Member?

colombia

Forage

USA | Monday, 24 August 2015 | Views [147] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

This opportunity would propel me forward in a remarkable way towards becoming the explorer of cultures and places at the edges of Western civilization that I have been sculpting for myself. My interest as a filmmaker centers around exciting the imagination and encouraging others to value the land and the cultures that are all too often endangered by the modern world, and the mentorship of a brilliant, world-wandering professional like Brian Rapsey would prove invaluable in developing my capacities in this regard.

I am an inveterate adventurer and lover of new experiences. Having lived on a sailboat, slept in caves, on beaches and in the Sonoran desert for 8 months, I learned early in life to be resourceful and adaptable while remaining open to the unknown. I speak Spanish and once explored parts of Colombia with a Colombian girlfriend. I know what live scorpions taste like. Coyote yips and howls have startled me numerous times from my sleep on moonlit nights. Experiences like these, and the chance to distill them into a work of art and a vision of the world is my deepest point of passion.

If you can find the time, please see both my online portfolio and my short film, "Forage" which is an exploration of the land beneath New York City through the vehicle of foraging for food. In so doing, I uproot the history of the culture that once lived in such a way. (I am currently reworking the first 1/3 of the film - tonight I am camping in a park in Manhattan to film a scene).

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

website: http://timballardart.blogspot.kr

  yinlod Aug 24, 2015 6:06 AM

About yinlod


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.