Existing Member?

Footloose and fancy free Starting the OE with a 4week Intrepid Journey through Thailand. Yay.

Koh Tao to London

THAILAND | Thursday, 18 September 2008 | Views [431]

Well we caught the catamaran to Koh Tao to find we were staying at this crappy resort with no hot water and toilets that wouldn't flush. Don't quite know how it got a five star rating but oh well. Wanted to go snorkling while here since it's one of the best places in the world apparently but the weather wouldn't co-operate for that to happen (too windy, too choppy resulting in next to no visability) but you get that. Instead did lots of walking along beaches and swimming. It was lovely. Even managed to watch the NZ vs OZ rugby game. This was strange I was in an Aussie themed pub surrounded by Aussies while in Thailand, Go figure, at least we won. Later That night we had our farewell dinner on the beach, (I had fresh bbq'd barracuda) it was yummy and watched fire performers perform on the beach great night.

The next day we did sod all as it was very hot and then as night fell we caught the ferry to Koh Phangan for the full moon party which was lots of fun got talking to this swedish guy as I sat and watched the sun come up it was lovely would have been nice to have stayed longer but had to get back to catch the ferry back to Koh Tao so that we could check out and catch another ferry to Chumporn. The first of the 2 ferries was a little choppy but the second was hell as we had to go into a storm (they normally happen every day) people were vomitting everywhere. I had to put the MP3 player on so I couldn't here the retching and some tiger balm under the nose so I couldn't smell it and hence I was sweet. Once in Chumporn we caught the overnight train back to Bangkok. This was a dirty train there was cockroaches I was not impressed. And since it took me awhile to get to sleep the 4am wake up call was not welcome especially since it was to change trains as something had happened to the tracks our train was on. The train they put us on was gross and crammed. Even more cockroaches and I had to stand for 1hr as in was packed. So not impressed. I almost fell asleep standing. We got into Bangkok at 8am 2hrs late to discover that I couldn't check in till 2pm so off I went with my laundry to get that done and went for a walk. Ended up getting a Tuk tuk around some of the city till 3pm so that was great the perfect way to spend the day. Had an early start the next day as had to catch my ride to the airport for the flight to Heathrow and as I was checking out they tried to charge me for water that I hadn't even drank I was pissed and refused to pay in the end the manager was called and he could see that I wasn't lying and let me off plus the driver was waiting and I was running out of time to get to the airport.

Well got on my flight to discover that even though it was a fairly new plain it had no individual computers so I was stuck watching crap on the big screen that O couldn't really see. Plus the service was crap. Dont fly Thai airways. for a 12 hr flight they fed us lunch an hour in then didn't feed us again till 3/4s of the way through then tried to cram 2 meals into a 2hr time space. Not cool. Though on the bright side the view of the desert from the plain was amasing I wish I could have taken a photo.

Well I arrived safe at Heathrow and cleared customs easily. Rocked up at the information counter to find some accomadation which I thought would be easy given the peak system has now passed only to discover that London fashion week is next week and so everything is booked solid ( well all the backpackers anyway) so they found me accomadtion at this crap hotel in the dorm which has 9 beds. I'm sharing with 4guys and a girl, me and the girl are on this messanine level. But its a bed. And I wouldn't be this cranky if the guy who booked it for had told me the right tube station to get off at as it was I had to walk 15mins down the road which would have been 5 had he told me the closest station. Well anyway I made it to London now all I have to do is find a job and somewhere cheaper to stay.

About yesacewol

Taupo Bungy, Soo scary but lots of fun

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.